What is RAW hard drive?
If a HDD doesn’t contain partitions, or when Windows or Mac OS based computer fails to identify the file system, then it indicates that the file system is corrupted, and a drive with corrupt file system is called as RAW hard drive.
How to recover data from RAW hard drive?
When a hard drive turns into RAW, then you will lose access to it which intern leads to data loss that is, if you try to access or extract info from RAW hard drive, then you may face different error messages like “Sector Not Found”, “The disk is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?” etc. Also, when you check the size of RAW HDD, it will be displayed as 0 bytes. So, in these kind of consequences, you can use a relevant third party software to perform RAW hard disk data recovery. Anyhow, you will find numerous tools on net using which, you can carry out this task. But, prior to use any of such product, you should be sure that, it doesn’t affect your original content which needs to be recovered, or further corrupt the drive.
Which is the best tool to restore files from RAW hard drive?
As told in the above section, plenty of data recovery tools have been evolved to retrieve RAW hard disk data, and one among them is Partitions Recovery Software. This powerful tool has been designed by high-tech professionals with advanced supporting features. So, it is the best and reliable utility available in the market for restoring data from RAW HDD. This recovery program scans the entire RAW drive within few moments, and supports all versions of Windows operating system such as Windows 8, Vista, XP, 7, Windows 2008 and Windows 2003.
What are the causes for hard drive to become RAW?
- When your system gets severely infected by external threats like virus, malwares, etc., then the stored data might go missing from it, also the file system may get corrupt and turns your accessible drive into a RAW drive.
- You won’t be able to perform read or write operation on the drive that contains bad sectors. So, if bad sector gets enlarged or increase in more numbers, then there are chances that, hard drive may get corrupt and you lose data from it.
- While re-partitioning or re-formatting the drive, if any sort of interruptions takes place like sudden shut down of computer, improper procedure, etc., then it may leads to damaged drive.
- The partition table holds all the information about partitions on hard drive i.e., size, location, type, etc. So, if it gets damaged due to some reasons, then existing partitions becomes inaccessible.
- A system hard drive may get corrupt and make you lose data from it if you perform frequent OS re-installation. Also, a sudden shut down of system can corrupt the file system, and makes your data inaccessible.
Apart from these causes, there are more reasons for hard drive becoming RAW such as old or aged drive, damaged Master Boot Record (MBR), software malfunction, power surge and more.
How to avoid hard drive to become RAW?
Use an updated anti-virus tool to scan your system drive in order to safeguard your data and file system. Follow proper instructions to perform formatting, re-partitioning and re-formatting operation. Avoid frequent OS re-installation. Use UPS to avoid abrupt shut down of system due to power surge. Always keep a copy or backup of your important files in a portable storage device.
Even after these safety precautions, if hard drive turns into RAW, and you lost data from it, then use Partitions Recovery Software as it is the perfect tool that guides you how to get back data from a RAW hard drive.
Why Partitions Recovery Software?
Partitions Recovery is relatively the best RAW hard disk data recovery application. This promising utility has gained worldwide popularity to recover data from RAW hard drive. It is capable to find and restore files from a corrupt hard drive of different types like SCSI, SATA and IDE. Taking the assistance of this software, you can get back files from various brands of hard drives such as Seagate, Iomega, Western Digital, Samsung, LaCie, Toshiba and more. This application is capable of recovering files based on their unique file signature from various partitions like HFS, FAT, ExFAT, HFSX and NTFS. So, it is also compatible on popular Mac OS versions including Yosemite, Snow Leopard, OS X, Mountain Lion, Leopard, Lion, etc. With the help of this award winning tool, you can recover more than 280 types of files such as Word documents (DOCX and DOC), compressed files and folders (RAR and Zip), EXE files, music files (MP3, M4A, etc.), program files, images (TIFF, JPG, PSD, BMP, GIF, RAW, PNG, etc.), videos (AVI, MPEG, MOV, M4V, etc.) and more. It also facilitates you to recover info from other brands and types of storage devices such as FireWire drive, memory stick, USB flash drive, external hard disk, CF cards, iPods and more. After the recovery process, it allows you to preview recovered data before saving it on any desired location.